The Mongol Rally is one of the most famous rallies in Europe. It’s over 10,000 miles across a large variety of landscapes in Europe and Asia and has gained a huge popularity under youngsters. There is zero back up, no support teams and also no route.. long story short.. you are on your own! Of course you have your fellow travelers and a old old car that you won’t be able to give away for free!
The idea is to raise money for you favorite charity, but all whilst driving the cheapest of the cheapest car available. You are allowed to pimp it up but it can’t cost more then a £1100 all together.
According to the organization the Mongol Rally is all about getting lost, using your long neglected wits, raising shedloads of cash for charity and scraping into the finish line with your vehicle in tatters and a wild grin smeared across your grubby face.
The motto of the rally: Neither your car, nor your life, will ever be the same again!
The rules of the Rally are gloriously simple…
1. You can only take a farcically small vehicle
2. You’re completely on your own
3. You’ve got to raise £1000 for charity
Entry Fee – Cars
£650 per car
Entry Fee – Motorbikes
£225 per bike
What this gets you?
- Entry to the greatest Rally on earth.
- A heap of expert knowledge and organisation in the months leading up to the launch
- A new improved tracking and blogging system
- A spectacular launch party
- A sprinkling of parties & pit stops through Europe
- An awesome finish party
- ‘Route beers’ meet ups in the run up to the Rally
- Stories so fucking excellent your friends will be in awe of you for decades to come
- The ubiquitous Mongol Rally T-shirt
For more information please check the official website.